Sunday 16 August 2015

Dreamlike thoughts.....

Tonight I sit outside in the soft glow of dusk. Crickets and frogs are chirping and croaking as the last rays of the sunlight colour the sky from red to orange and then to a pale blue.

I am sitting eating warm sweet potato & juicy salad leaves that I harvested this afternoon with my bare hands from the garden that I have so lovingly tended to for months now.

Its getting darker and I can hardly see the page I am writing on, but I continue writing, propelled by thoughts and visions that are tumbling from my soul.

The cars on the distant highway echo that humanity is near, but as this thought enters my mind it leaves just as quickly when a kookaburra on the gum tree starts laughing and reminds me that I am surrounded by nature, infinitely connected to the source.

Sometimes - I dream of sharing moments such as this - with someone who appreciates nature at the same cosmic, incredible depth I do. I am wholly complete within myself, spending hours and hours alone every day, yet at times like this I yean to lean against a strong and warm man as we immerse our souls as one with Mother Earth. He is gentle in spirit and kind at heart and his eyes light up as he laughs at the world without a care. He is suntanned from time spent in the sun connecting with the earth and playing in the sea. He has strong arms and an open way of being and he is not afraid to show his raw, authentic emotions and communicate freely, sharing his hearty views of life and love. He has lived a nomadic lifestyle and he is grateful for the simple things that bless his journey. His family is kind and accepting, easy to be around. Sometimes we disagree, but when we make up I melt into his arms as he kisses me tenderly. He loves me for who I am entirely - and I him - accepting each others faults, learning and growing together with ease and grace. His spirituality is the land and the sea and he shows this in his genuine love of the waves, the rivers, the mountains, the animals, the culture and spirit. We make campfires and sleep under starlit skies in a swag and we wake to misty cool mornings and share a cup of hot tea with the birds. We laugh together and then we have moments of silence when neither of us need speak. We are soulmates in heart, soul and spirit. He is raw, authentic and genuine. He is dusty and dirty, weathered from the land. Non materialistic and earthy, he is sturdy and loyal and so much more..... so much more......





No comments:

Post a Comment